Sunday 18 December 2016

RonaldTalks. An introduction.

Hello,

My Name is Ronald and welcome to my blog. In a world where corporations value profit over people, where unarmed black men are shot everyday by same officers meant to serve and protect them, where the worlds top 1% hold more wealth than the bottom 50% it is crucial for those of us able, to rise up and push for change through diplomacy, rational discourse and cooperation. This blog was created in order to address and provide information concerning the issues challenging the world today. This includes but is not limited to Race Relations in western society, Institutional racism, Income inequality, gender inequality, religious conflict and climate change among others.  I hope that through this blog I can provide information and enlighten people on issues they would otherwise not hear about or be misinformed about by mainstream media. I am by no means a decorated Academic however that is something I aspire to be. I hope to one day work as a independent journalist or for a NGO with the same goals and views as myself. I would work as a hired journalist also so long as it was a reputable organisation such as Vice News or the TYT network.

Key thinkers that have shaped my mode of thinking include Noam Chomsky, Christopher Hitchins, J.S Mill, Jawaharlal Nehru, MLK and Karl Marx among others. I believe as conscious beings we have a duty to maintain and improve the standard of living as best we can while we're here in order to ensure the safety and betterment of future generations. I am currently an international Relations and Politics Undergraduate with a background in Sociology, Psychology and Human Geography. All views are my own,  if you disagree  feel free to provide counter arguments as I believe open dialogue and rational debate are  key components to expanding ones mind. This is my first post and serves more as an introduction, and foundation for what i hope to achieve in the future.  I aim to post here as often as possible, aiming at 3-5 days a week depending on my academic responsibilities. Stay tuned, Stay Woke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment